Sunday, December 5, 2010

Giving Back

So I have had many mile stones and I wanted to write them out so hopefully they will get out over a few small posts. Here is the first one of the day before my one year heart transplant anniversary.
I guess it is good that I have been too busy to write about my one year heart transplant anniversary, but I really want to write about it before I forget about it. On Friday, November 19 I donated blood for the first time. Since I was by myself I don't have a picture, but here is a picture of the sticker I got:




I wanted to donate blood because it was one of the things that I was donated to me that I could finally give back. I was given many, many units of blood during and after my surgery-something like 9 units, so I feel like I need to replenish the supply. One bag of donation can save 3 lives. I took awhile to get through the screening process, but it only took me 4 minutes to fill the bag-because I have such a strong heart!
I thought about writing about what happened this day a year ago, but maybe in a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment